Without needing any external app, you can stream your games through your Windows 10 PC with the Mixer feature. The Mixer tool comes with the Windows 10 inbuilt Game Bar.
Here is how to set up, manage and stream games on Mixer through your Windows 10 PC.
How to set up Mixer stream in Windows 10 for the first time
First, ensure that the privacy settings of your account allow you to stream through it. Although the broadcasting is permitted by default, but before doing any settings it’s good to confirm it.
Here is how to check the broadcast setting:
1. Navigate to the ‘Xbox Live’ login page.
2. Enter your Microsoft account username, phone or skype name.
3. Click on the ‘Next’ button.
4. Enter the password associated with the account.
5. And click the ‘Sign in’ button.
6. After sign in, go to ‘Privacy and Online safety.’
7. Now, click on ‘Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety’ option.
8. Scroll down on the next screen.
9. And click on the ‘Allow’ button of the ‘Broadcast gameplay.’
10. Then click on the ‘Save’ button at the bottom.
That’s it! Now it’s confirmed that privacy settings of your account allow you to stream, and you can proceed to the setup process.
Steps to set up Mixer Stream in Windows 10:
1. Launch the ‘Xbox’ app on your PC.
2. Now, click on the ‘Let’s Play’ near the bottom.
3. Log in with the account you want to broadcast.
4. After sign in, start the ‘Game or App’ you want to steam.
5. When it opens, press the ‘Windows + G’ button of your keyboard or press the ‘Xbox’ button on the gamepad.
6. Select ‘Start broadcasting’ option from the game bar.
7. Hit the ‘Start broadcast’ on the Mixer overlay.
It’s done! You are live. There are many settings in the Mixer overlay you can tweak them before start broadcasting.
How to modify the Mixer overlay settings
You can quickly tweak the streaming settings before going to live from the mixer overlay settings.
1. Locate to the ‘Stream window’ section.
2. Click on ‘Dropdown arrow.’
3. And select ‘Game’ from it.
4. Now, go to the ‘Webcam’ section.
5. Click on ‘Dropdown arrow.’
6. And select a ‘Position’ from the options for Webcam.
Note: If no option will appear in Webcam dropdown, it means your camera isn’t connected correctly.
7. Now, click on ‘Steam title’ dropdown button.
8. And enter a name to your steam.
9. After all, hit the blue ‘Start Broadcast’ button.
How to control your stream on Mixer stream
When you click on the Start-broadcasting button, a small window will come up with the streaming options and broadcasting will start.
1. Click on the ‘Pause’ button, first at the top to pause the streaming temporarily.
2. Click on the ‘Stop’ button, second at the top to stop the streaming completely.
3. Click on the ‘Microphone’ button, third at the top to enable and disable your microphone.
4. Click on the ‘Camera’ button, fourth at the top to turn on and off your webcam.
How to manage your Mixer channel
If you want to customize your channel title, audience restrictions, tag and more, then you have to open your channel into a browser. You can use the quick link given in the Game Bar to go there directly.
To do this,
1. Press the ‘Windows + G’ button on your keyboard.
2. Click on ‘Mixer’ icon at the left bottom corner of the Game bar to directly open the Sign in window in your web browser.
3. Now, click on ‘Sign In with Microsoft’ button at the top.
4. Enter your account’s username and hit ‘Enter.’
5. Enter your password and hit ‘Enter.’
6. Click on ‘Avatar’ icon at the upper right corner.
7. Select ‘MANAGE CHANNEL’ from the options.
That’s it! You can tweak your channel settings as you want.
Dave Hogan is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.